Cycling in Ladakh
Ladakh is region of mountains and valleys as well as the roads that are replete with ups and downs intersecting each other. In order to cycle on these Zigzag roads in Leh, technological knowledge of biking is imperative. Trekkers have to be perfect in their biking ability and prior understanding of riding on jagged territory and rutted paved roads are required. Cycling is one of the most environmentally friendly approaches of travelling around and which also doubles up as an adventurous and refreshing means of holidaying and looking around a place. Ladakh is a heaven for adventure seekers.
Alertness, activity, and accuracy and grace in the upper portions of the body are the advantages of cycling. Cycling in Ladakh offers an exciting chance for those who have vision of cycling through the top mountain range in the world. Cycling at all levels can be a comfortable experience. In Ladakh, one can visit many of the attractive Buddhist Gompas on the way while cycling through charming local villages, all with the environment of the snow-rapped Himalayas. After day long cycling, one can enjoy the Tibetan food. To cycle the zigzag roads in Ladakh, one needs to be faultless biker as the roads are rough, though paved. A support car to carry ones luggage comes handy and helps to enjoy the great Himalayan range without any worry. The best period for Ladakh cycling is from mid-June to September end.
Cycling in Leh-Ladakh on huge ranges takes over ten to twelve days and also base camp at undecided spots are part of the plan. For this reason travellers should carry their baggage with them when they go for the trip. For this cause, a car is essential to carry luggage so that travelers can have a relaxed journey.
One can cycle the 64 km road from Leh to Alchi. The route takes one on Zigzag paths through the hairpin turns of the Himalayan Roads. Leh-Hemis (45 km) is additional well-known cycling itinerary. Leaving Leh from the main road provides a last glimpse of magnificent Gompas at Thikse, Shey and Stok. Most of ladakh cycling tours follows the bank of the Indus River until Karu. At Karu the route continues across the bridge and onwards to the village of Hemis. For cycling in Ladakh motorable Khardungla pass., Jispa-Gondla, Marhi-Manali this are most famous courses. There are various travel agencies which arrange the cycling trips in Ladakh and offer their expertise. Their travel packages and schedules of itineraries may vary.
Manali to Leh Cycling
Manali To Leh cycling tour is one of most tough tours in the world. This thrilling ladakh cycling tour takes to the heart of the Himalayas where some of the finest cycling in the world discovers. The Manali-Leh cycling tour is one of the most beautiful, exciting and popular mountain biking routes. Travelers can cover 550 km over 12 days with most famous and high passes – Rohtang, Baralacha La, Nakee La, Lachung La, Tanglang La which is the world's second highest motorable road. The road is a mix of tarmac and unmetalled roads. Once you cross into Lahaul valley from Manali, you go past picturesque villages. Hoever, after Darcha, it's all wild country with no permanent villages till you cross Tanglang La closer to Leh.
Duration : 8 Nights / 9 days
Places : Leh – Alchi – lamayuru – Khardung La - Leh
Starting point :Leh
Ending point : Leh
Best Time : April to October
Trek Highlight : Leh, Leh Palace, Shanti Stupa, Changspa, Stock Palace, Spituk, Mahakal temple, Shey, Thiksey, Hemis, Alchi, Lamayuru, Ridzong, Khardung La
Ladakh Cycling Expedition Read More
- Ladakh Appetizer - 3 Nights / 4 Days
- Discover Moon Land - 3 Nights / 4 Days
- Majestic Indus - 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Nubra Valley Tour - 4 Nights / 5 Days
- Silk Route Ladakh - 5 Nights / 6 Days
- Beauty of Pangong and Nubra - 6 Nights / 7 Days
- Amazing Ladakh - 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Trans Himalaya - 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Mesmerising Ladakh - 8 Nights / 9 Days
- Trans Ladakh - 8 Nights / 9 Days
- Exotic Ladakh - 9 Nights / 10 Days
- Paradise to The Land of Lamas - 9 Nights / 10 Days
- Himachal Ladakh Kashmir Trails - 12 Nights / 13 Days
- The Himalayan Sojourn - 17 Nights / 18 Days
- Sham Valley Trek - 3 Nights / 4 Days
- Markha Valley Trekking - 7 Nights / 8 Days
- Lamayuru Chilling Trek - 9 Nights / 10 Days
- Rumtse Tsomoriri Trek - 13 Nights / 14 Days
- Chader Trek - 13 Nights / 14 Days
- Junglam Trek - 18 Nights / 19 Days
- Lamayuru Marsha Rupshu Valley Trek - 20 Nights / 21 Days
- Lamayuru To Darcha Trek - 22 Nights / 23 Days